In American, we tend to choose hot showers and hot tubs to relax our bodies or stimulate us when we are sleepy. But cold water therapy is actual better for sore muscles. Cold water therapy has been a part of Chinese medicine for thousands of years. In the Kundalini Yoga tradition, cold showers are recommended every morning to stimulate the nervous system.
Cold water plunge is very therapeutic, and commonly use by athletes after intense training. A cold water plunge can help with:
- Constrict blood vessels and flush waste products, like lactic acid, out of the affected tissues
- Decrease metabolic activity and slow down physiological processes
- Reduce swelling and tissue breakdown
- Reduce muscle pain
- Stimulates the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems
- Increase circulation and strength immune systems
For more information about cold water plunge tubs, check out Diamond Spas to find what type of tub is best for you, we can even customize tubs to fit you.