Epsom salt is the common name for Magnesium sulfate. Named after the spring from which it was first found, Epsom England, was the first to find the rock like crystals.
Epsom salts are most commonly used these days by bathers who soak in the natural minerals that have been disoved in their soaking tubs . Doctors have been prescribing taking a soak in a deep bath with Epsom salts for years now for mainly aching joints and muscles as the over the counter salts are fairly inexpensive and have mutiple benefits including the treatment for body aches.
According to recent studies less than 30% of U.S. adults consume the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of magnesium. When we our bodies are deficient in magnesium, there is a long list that includes muscles cramps, sleep problems, anxiety and headaches that can occur.
Here are just some of the benefits that doctors are finding when their patients soak in their tubs with 2 cups of epsom salts 3 times a week:
- Improved nerve function.
- Stress Relief.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve body aches and muscle cramps.
- Reduce the pain and swelling of sprains and bruises.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Easing of migraine headaches.
- Relieves sore feet.
- Increase the effectiveness of insulin in the body.
- Relieves constipation.
- Relieve the symptoms of athlete’s foot.