As we have said before soaking in a warm bath can have many therapeutic benefits for both mind and body. A ten to twenty minute bath is a great way to relax and a proven way to reduce tension, relief muscle and joint soreness and clear your head.
Here are a few quick tips to set up a peaceful and relaxing bath:
- Keep the bath water temperature between 90 and 104 degrees.
- Adding fragrant oils or a sprinkling of baths salts can make for an even more peaceful environment. Select aromas that are known for their soothing effects like; basil, grapefruit, pine, lavender, tangerine, rose geranium, chamomile, lemongrass, and orange.
- If you are looking to hydrate and moisturize your sink, drop in a few drops of oil or a bar of moisturizing soap.
- Pour in two to three cups of warm milk (basic powdered milk is fine, too); the lactic acid gently exfoliates dry skin.
- For muscle and joint relief use bath salts (made from either sea or Epsom salts).
Keep checking the Diamond Spas’ blog for more health and wellness tips. Or sign up to receive updates in your inbox by entering your e-mail address in the subscription box on the right-hand side of our blog’s homepage.