By talking a hot bath or a soak in a spa before you go to bed, you are more likely to fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
This is because the warmer your body is the quicker your body falls asleep.
Keep the water temperature slightly warmer than your own body temperature, if the water is too hot you will begin feeling weak and sweaty. And don’t stay in the tub longer than 15 minutes. Add some essential oils into the bath water to add to the soothing properties of the bath. Be very careful not to overheat, overheating will dilate your blood vessels, putting a strain on your heart.
If possible try to take your soak two hours before you go to bed, because body temperatures drop after a bath, so by the time you crawl in bed you will be relaxed and you body temperature will be slightly higher than normal.
Other sleep remedies are;
- Insomnia is often caused by too much blood in the brain. Just before going to bed, apply a cold-water pack to the back of the head and neck without drying off afterwards.
- Apply a warm, moist compress to upper stomach to remove blood away from the head.
- Warm footbaths draw blood away from the head, making sleep easier.
- Be caution of the water temperature if it is too, then the body becomes over stimulated.
- Alternate hot and cold showers
For more sleep advice visit Holisticonline.com
Good luck and sweet dreams!