At Diamond Spas sustainable design is extremely important to us, it is critical to incorporate strong and durable green products into our kitchens and baths. The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) breaks down sustainable design into three categories – energy efficiency, indoor air quality and natural resource conservation.
We are proud that we are part of the Green solution, our entire Diamond Spas product line is produced from recycled sheet metal. The recycled content for new stainless steel sheet lies between 65% and 80%. The copper used in Diamond Spas fabrication comes from 90% to 95% recycled copper. All Diamond Spas vessel shells themselves are 100% recyclable as well as. By utilizing recycle materials we are reducing the amount of industrial waste.
Below are tips from the NKBA to help you to incorporate green sustainable practices as they relate to your kitchen and bath designs:
- HVAC systems should be properly sized.
- Use humidity control to prevent the indoor growth of mold, mildew, viruses, and dust mites.
- Install 100 percent wool carpet vs. carpets with synthetic fibers.
- Use chemical-free, no-VOC glues and adhesives.
- Use low or no-VOC paints. For people who are particularly sensitive or have strong concerns about air quality, most major manufacturers now offer special no-VOC paints that are odorless and completely VOC-free.
- Use wood products from sustainable sources. The FSC label enables you to choose forest products with the confidence that they're not contributing to the destruction of the world's forests. By buying from certified sources, you're providing an incentive for responsible forest management.
- Reuse the graywater a home produces from the kitchen sink, bathroom sinks, utility sinks, dishwasher, washer, and shower.
Speak Your Mind - What are you doing to make your home design more eco-friendly?