Stainless steel household products are gaining in popularity. Where once stainless steel silverware was the most commonly used stainless steel product in the home, we now see cookware, appliances, sinks, tubs, and even spas and swimming pools made from this unique material. The aesthetic allure of this alloy is an obvious benefit of stainless steel, yet there are many other benefits it offers.
Topics: Benefits Of stainless steel
Stanless steel is often overlooked as a feasible option for materials because of the higher cost, however, over the total life of a project, stainless is often the best value option as the stainless way outlasts any other material.Here are 9 reason to consider stainless steel for your next project:
- Hygiene-Most times all it takes to clean a stainless steel surface is warm water with or without a soft mild soap. For those tougher hard water stains, a mild non-scratching abrasive cleanser will do the job. Stainless steel thrives with frequent cleaning, and, unlike some other materials, it is impossible to “wear out” stainless steel by excessive cleaning. Because of its natural hygienic state, stainless steel is used in many commercial installations including kitchens and hospitals.
- Corrosion resistance-Did you knw the St Louis Arch and the Chrysler Building are both built out of stainless steel? A recent inspection of the buildings revealed no signs of corrosion or loss of thickness. No metal, except for gold and platinum in their natural state, are completely corrosion proof but stainless steel has proven in thousands of applications, that it is one of the most economical solution's to combat the ever present elements that cause corrosion. The best way to combat corrosion is to stay on top of regular maintenace and cleaning.
- Fire and heat resistance-stainless steel finds useful applications in buildings and structures where fire resistance is very important. Stainless steels are not ignitable and will also not assist in the preading of fires by flame. They are also used for their high temperature properties. They can be found in applications where high temperature oxidation resistance is necessary, and in other applications where high temperature strength is required.
- Aesthetic appearance-Stainless steel will look the same way it does today and just as good 30 years down the road. But, like anything it must be maintained, taken care of and cleaned on a regular basis. Stainless steel will not fade or crack, even in the hardest of elements (sun, wind, snow, rain)
- Strong yet lightweight The property of stainless steel results in a significant strengthening of the material from working alone, and the high strength duplex grades, allow reduced material thickness over conventional grades, therefore cost savings.
- Ease of fabrication Modern steel-making techniques mean that stainless can be cut, welded, formed, machined, and fabricated as readily as traditional steels.
- Impact resistance Stainless steel has proven to be highly durable and inherently strong from temperatures to far below freezing, making these steels particularly suited to outdoor applications that will be exposed to nature's elements. Rooftop spas have proven to do well in extreme conditions.
- Long term value When the total life cycle costs are considered, stainless is often the least expensive material option with stainless outliving any of its competitors in hardiness and high quality appearance.
- Sustainability-The material has low maintenance costs and a long life, both key indicators that the impact of the material on the planet is at the lowest levels possible. Stainless steels are easily recycled to produce more stainless steels and this process can be carried on indefinitely. It is estimated that about 80% of stainless steels are recycled at the end of their life.
Contact us today for a free quote on one of our stainless steel products!
Topics: Benefits Of stainless steel